- Each Antenna measures the doppler velocity, doppler spectral width, and reflectivity factor.
- Doppler velocities provide a measure of the pulse volume-weighted hydrometer motion (hydrometer fallspeed + air motion.)
- Vertical air motion can calculated from the nadir beam by removing the fallspeed contribution with an aproximation
- Along-track horizontal air motion can be calculated by combining doppler wind speeds from forward and nadir beams.
- The linear depolarization ratio (the ration of the cross-polar to the co-polar reflectivites) can be measured along forward beam.